Wednesday 18 September 2013

SIR EMEKA OFFOR'S EXAMPLE: FEEDING THE WIDOWS





Widows Co-operative, Flanked by Sir Emeka Offor and Friends of the foundation


 “At the end of life, we will not be judged by how many diplomas we have received, how much money we have made, how many great things we have done. We will be judged by “I was hungry and you gave me something to eat, I was naked and you clothed me. I was homeless and you took me in” -- Mother Teresa 

Witnessing what happened in the remote village of Oraifite in Ekwusigo Local Government Area of Anambra State, where trailers filled with bags of rice were seen offloading their contents. I asked one pertinent question, who is this importer that has gotten a warehouse in Oraifite, but the excited villagers were on hand to correct me. That it was no importer, but no other person than their illustrious son, Sir Emeka Offor, in whom they are well pleased, that the bags of rice were meant to be distributed to the widows of the town and other neighbouring towns organized under the auspices of Sir Emeka Offor Foundation (SEOF) Widows’ Cooperative. A further question about the Widow’s Co-operative wing of SEOF showed that it has over two thousand widows that it empowers to make out a living. The bags of rice and other items, I was meant to know were given to the widows by Sir Emeka Offor, in his usual magnanimous self, to celebrate the new yam festival for the year. Who said God does not answer prayers? God has surely answered the prayers of these widows by providing for them, not only their daily bread but also, the founder of the SEOF, Sir Emeka Offor, who always make sure that the widows’ well do not run dry. 

Just imagine how many lives Sir Emeka Offor has touched by this generous and philanthropic gesture of feeding the widows. And what the prayers of these widows will be doing in the life of Sir Emeka Offor and his business endeavours, as God, himself, promise that He will be their husband and answer them whenever they called to him. (Isaiah 54:4-5) For you, Sir Emeka Offor, may the Almighty God continue to shower you with His blessings, your coast will be enlarged and the eyes of the wicked ones will never see you. I conclude by completing the statement of Mother Teresa in the beginning of this piece as recorded in the Holy Bible Matthew 25:40 “Truly, I say to you, as you did it to one of the least of these my brethrens, you did it to me”

By  EMEKA PETER

0 comments:

Post a Comment